AFS Acrylic Bonding Tapes
AFS Acrylic bonding tapes, the new generation structural high bond tapes.
Bonding tapes or VHB’s are designed usually to bond substrates such as aluminium onto aluminium. Flat surfaces with what we call a high surface tension. Would it not be nice if things were always so easy? For typical applications such as shopfitting, signmaking, extrusions and vehicle interiors users often bond dissimilar surfaces in less controlled environments.
Things are looking up though. Just like the nature surrounding us we evolve to find new solutions for existing problems. AFS Bonding tapes are engineered to have a unique combination of attributes:
- Conformable whilst maintaining structural integrity
- High initial bond strength
- High bond strength to LSE surfaces (plastics)
- Vibration absorbing, weather proof
- Even stress distribution
- Safe and easy application
Whilst we are inspired by nature, we must also look after it. The AFS bonding tapes are produced using a single-pass, self-stick extrusion process. It requires no adhesive coating and therefor no solvent evaporation. This results in causing considerably less harm to the environment.
At SKDirect we have in-house facility to convert AFS Bonding tapes into any format required.
- Rewinding: We can rewind to the exact length required onto 3inch or 1.5inch cores. Slit rolls are available from 5mm up to 1000m wide.
- Spooling: We can produce longer length rolls by spooling. The AFS materials can be spooled in 12 – 25mm, roll lengths up to 2500m. Narrow tape widths, 4-12mm, can be spooled by adding in a secondary release liner to avoid the material from welding back together.
- Die-cutting: On our rotary conversion press we can add or remove release liners, cut shapes, laminate, punch, butt-cut and sheet components to meet exact application specs.
Please fill in our contact form with a few details of your application for a product recommendation, pricing and free sample.